Wednesday 10 April 2013

The decision to do a blog

I have been suffering from anxiety, with bouts of depression, on and off for around three years now. Only from my fairly recent ability to be able to fully admit it and to be able to discuss my exact thoughts and feelings without feeling as embarrassed and ashamed, have I realised quite how commonly the phenomenon is amongst others too. Though I do think that people being ashamed of themselves and of 'not being able to cope' is still too common: I'm hoping that by writing completely honestly about my thoughts and feelings brought about by my anxiety and depression people can be comforted that they are not alone, be more likely to talk about their own experiences and that perhaps the shameful aspect of feeling this way can be diminished, even a tiny bit, for those who might read this blog. That's what I'm hoping for anyway, because I do believe I feel better after I can discuss my thoughts and rationalise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment